[ODE] Static objects start rotating?

Steve Fogoros sfogoros at hsc.unt.edu
Fri Aug 10 15:14:06 MST 2007

There is also a forum of ODE posts at
http://www.nabble.com/ODE-f14241.html with a search function.

>>> Beau Albiston <albiston at cynergy.com> 8/10/2007 4:59 PM >>>
To search the archive, I use Google.  For example, searching for the
keyword "joint," I put the following in the search edit field:

joint site:http://ode.org/pipermail/ode/

-Beau

James Frye wrote:
> I'm sure this must be a really dumb question, but I can't find an
answer.
> (Apropos of which, it would
> be nice if there was some way to search the mailing list
archives...)

> I create a very simple simulation, just a box sitting on the ground
(Obj is
> a struct that holds all
> info about a body...)
>
>   Obj->body = dBodyCreate (world);
>   dBodySetPosition (Obj->body, 0.5, 2.0, 0.25);
>
>   dMassSetBox (&m, 1.0, 0.5, 2.0, 0.5);
>   dBodySetMass (Obj->body, &m);
>
>   Obj->geom = dCreateBox (space, 0.5, 2.0, 0.5);
>   dGeomSetBody (Obj->geoms, Obj->body);
>
> I run this with a basic simulation loop as copied from the examples.
The box should just sit there
> doing nothing, but it begins a slow rotation around the Z axis.  Why?
 What am I doing wrong?

> Thanks,
> James

> http://www.eset.com ( http://www.eset.com/ )

** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the extent permitted by law and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message and destroy all copies. **