[ODE] Growing objects

Malcolm Ryan malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Aug 1 01:40:41 MST 2007

On 01/08/2007, at 2:26 PM, Malcolm Ryan wrote:

> I have an object with a spherical body in an ODE simulation. I want
> to make the object "grow" -- increasing its radius and pushing other
> objects aside. Is there any way to get ODE to handle this?

Since I only actually want to do this in 2D, it occurs to me that one
trick would be to have a large sphere sitting only partly embedded in
the plane and have it move "up" and "down" to cause the circle in the
plane to grow and shrink. If the other circles in the plane were
shallow cylinders the collisions ought to work out appropriately.

Still, a less hacky solution to the general problem would be good.

Malcolm

--
      "The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting;
       it has been found difficult and left untried."