[ODE] high accuracy cable physics

Anders Backman andersb at cs.umu.se
Fri Apr 20 02:22:54 MST 2007

Sure, been using it for years.
Its using a direct solver (it also has an iterative solver) so it wont
scale like the solver in ODE or Bullet (like Guendelman solvers), but
it does a good job for fewer objects.
You can surely have 1000:s of objects as long as they are not all
colliding with each other, but that is a rare case, right?

It also has a cable constraint, especially made for crane simulators.

Although we have an internal implementation that can handle mass
ratios of 1:100.000 which is one of the problems that arises.
Others are torsion and friction over pullies.

/Anders