[ODE] contact points

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Thu Apr 12 14:33:28 MST 2007

Hi Lewis,

Are you using my code? if so, it needs to check for a edge-edge
collision, which I don't think is there.

About contact points, as the name suggests, these should be points on
which both geometries are in contact,
so, for example, if you have two cubes stacked one on top of the other,
and the one on top is rotated 45 degrees
on the z axis (z being UP) with respect to the other, none of the 8
points (4 per contacting face) would actually
be contact points, so you may have to calculate them instead. I believe
I made the mistake of
just taking them as contact points and thats probably why it all goes
foobar.

You could calculate them by doing a boolean intersection between the 2
faces and then choosing at least 3 of the resulting points.

Cheers!