[ODE] contact points

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 01:56:17 MST 2007

> I hope that makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I wonder if
> i'll finish this before Erwin finishes the bullet integration...my work will
> be obsolete otherwise.

Don't forget that (as far as I'm aware) the initial plan for Bullet
integration will not initially include interoperability with the
existing collision code -- now I'm not saying Bullet won't be
brilliant for all occasions - but there may be many reasons why people
won't want to migrate to it. In fact I'm not sure it currently
supports the plane primitive - so that makes a lot of the demos still
quite dependent on what's already there ...

What I'm trying to say is Good Luck! and whatever improvements you
make, regardless if they're perfect, please consider submitting a
patch because someone else could carry on the work even if you feel
your contribution is 'obsolete' - it's not.

Regards,
David Walters