[ODE] How is dQuaternion/dMatrix3 layed out?

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Sep 11 08:44:23 MST 2006

If the box is resting on the ground, and starts jittering, then you need
to do the following:

1) add angular and linear velocity dampening; typically on the order of
-0.01 times the current velocity (search Wiki for code)
2) make sure you use a FIXED TIME STEP (again, search the Wiki)
3) enable auto-disabling of bodies, and crank up the tolerances a little bit

Cheers,

             / h+