[ODE] Official ODE Bindings for .NET 2.0?

Terry L. Triplett c0d3g33k at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 07:31:56 MST 2006

On 9/8/06, Jason Perkins <starkos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/8/06, Terry L. Triplett <c0d3g33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/8/06, Daniel Huser <dhuser at 1eeurope.ch> wrote:
> > I made some overtures in private email, mentioning the possibility of
> code
> > contribution, given the apparently high overlap between the 2 projects.
> > (snip)
> > I interpreted the ambivalence
> > encountered as an indication that the former course would be taken, in
> part
> > because most of the work is apparently already done and just needs
> testing.
>
> I'm sorry, did I seem ambivalent? I didn't mean to be...just busy I
> suppose.

Same here.  Too much to do and too many distractions.

Help would be very welcome!

Heh.  I've sung the same tune many times.  :-)  I'd like to see this happen,
so I'll definitely offer my support.

I looked at the Tao.ODE bindings very briefly (I only recently learned
> of their existence). There were a few minor things that I wanted to do
> differently, and I wanted a test application to ensure that everything
> works on all platforms. That's why I started a new contrib rather than
> dropping in Tao.

Nothing's cast in stone with Tao -  the bindings turned out the way they did
because I either didn't know better, or was following the style of the other
Tao bindings (eg.  The "Tao way").  I probably would have broached the issue
of bringing the bindings under the ODE umbrella sooner, but thought there
would be little interest and the extra work involved.  It never really
occured to me to ask.