[ODE] trimesh inertia

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 06:48:59 MST 2006

On 10/29/06, gero.mueller at cloo.de <gero.mueller at cloo.de> wrote:
> I'd like to contribute the function dMassSetTrimesh, based on this

Great, thanks!

> I just browsed through the trimesh code and was quite shocked. There
> are some lines of VERY bad code:

ODE, and the trimesh code in particular, has been touched by a lot of
people over a long period of time. I think we'd all agree that it
could use a housecleaning. We just need someone with the
time/ability/interest to do it.

> 1. when provide some patches, will they be intergrated, or will my
> work be for nothnig (provided the quality is ok of course..)

You don't need to ask us! Take a look at the svn history, the list
history, and the trackers on SourceForge. That said, it pays to be
persistent. Things tend to go in bursts as people find time around
their work (we are all volunteers after all).

HTH,
Jason