[ODE] GIMPACT with doubles

Peter Libič peter.libic at seznam.cz
Sun Oct 29 05:59:23 MST 2006

Hello,
i tried to build ODE with doubles and gimpact enabled.
(premake --target vs2005 --with-doubles --with-gimpact --with-tests)

I got following errors:

ode\src\collision_trimesh_box.cpp(1330) : error C2664:
'gim_trimesh_get_triangle_vertices' : cannot convert parameter 3 from
'dVector3' to 'float []'
         Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

ode\src\collision_trimesh_plane.cpp(160) : error C2664:
'dGeomPlaneGetParams' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'vec4f' to
'dReal []'
         Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
collision_trimesh_ray.cpp
ode\src\collision_trimesh_ray.cpp(150) : error C2664:
'gim_trimesh_ray_closest_collision' : cannot convert parameter 2 from
'dVector3' to 'float []'
         Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
ode\src\collision_trimesh_ray.cpp(154) : error C2664:
'gim_trimesh_ray_collision' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'dVector3'
to 'float []'
         Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
collision_trimesh_sphere.cpp
ode\src\collision_trimesh_sphere.cpp(516) : error C2664:
'gim_trimesh_sphere_collision' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'dReal
[4]' to 'float []'
         Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

Is there smething I'm doing wrong? Or if I need doubles I just cannot
use gimpact?

Thanks,

Peter