[ODE] GIMPACT has been released with BSD license!!

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 05:33:35 MST 2006

On 10/26/06, Francisco Leon <projectileman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There are only one issue.... who will publish this
> ode-gimpact as the ODE official release at SVN? Hey
> ODE developers .... Wake Up!!!!

Okay, one moment here. I really do appreciate this excellent
contribution and all of your enthusiasm, but we can't just rip out
OPCODE and drop in a new system. A lot of people use ODE, some of them
for production (read: $$$) work. Let's do this right.

I had suggested that you host the GIMPACT source code (just GIMPACT,
not the ODE integration) in SVN, which would make it easier for us to
integrate your code. Have you given that any consideration?

We are going to have to reconfigure our builds to allow developers to
choose which collision engine to run. I don't have time to work on
that today -- we code lock at EOD -- but I might be able to take a
look this weekend. Others will have to update the autotools build.

I would suggest that OPCODE remain the default trimesh engine for the
time being. Once GIMPACT has been integrated, ported to 64-bit
systems, and knocked around a little bit we can talk about which
should be default. Who knows, Erwin may come along and integrate
Bullet by then. Exciting stuff...

Jason