[ODE] Meshes, index and vertex and normal

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 26 09:17:18 MST 2006

> The indices for the meshes should always be 32 bit
> unsigned? Look at the function
> dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle
>
> I store my indices as unsigned short because that's
> what graphics cards prefer. I temporarily put in code
> that allocates an array for 32 bit indices and copies
> indices, but I prefer not to waste RAM.

There is a patch on source forge which adds support for 16bit indices
to OPCODE. I think Geoff Carlton wrote it - anyway, I agree that it
would be a useful feature as 16-bit indices are typically very common.

Can someone review the patch I mentioned and see if it's good enough
to put into the main ODE branch?

Cheers,
Dave