[ODE] Suggest a type of Licence for GIMPACT

gero.mueller@cloo.de gero.mueller at cloo.de
Thu Oct 26 04:40:18 MST 2006

> I think that LGPL is compatible with ODE BSD licence.
> I'm wrong?

I think so too, BUT it makes the use of ODE MUCH more complicated.
ODE-GIMPACT now NEEDS to be compiled as shared library for closed
source apps. This makes the existing ODE BSD licence useless. And the
BSD licence is the cool part of ODE as there are other as good or
better physics libraries with non BSD like licences.

So, i'd love to see GIMPACT be integrated into ODE with the same old
ODE dual licence.

Just my 0.02 Euro ;-)

Gero