[ODE] vector has zero size

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Wed Oct 25 00:21:53 MST 2006

David Young wrote:
> Jason Perkins added it to the tracker:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1356867&group_id=24884&atid=382801

Ok, I've applied this to SVN trunk.

Thank you David, for digging the archives!
Thank you Jon Watte, for finding the bug (I hope your frustration with the
former patch rejection will pass)
Thank you Jason, for keeping track of all the issues.

Having said this... Jon Watte seems to be one of the experts here on this
list (just look at his carworld), and it would benefit ODE if he would be
willing to accept svn write access.

Jon, if you want, mail me your sf id. Don't be afraid that we will put
you to some maintenance duty or anything, you could just use it to fix
cases, where you are sure that they should be fixed.

  Bram

> On 10/24/06, Jon Watte (ODE) <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org> wrote:
>> The problem is that the epsilon needed was a square-root-of-epsilon.
>> I don't think the patch tracker existed back then, but the proposal
>> should be in the mail list archive. Search for "denormal" and "box" and
>> "epsilon" and you'll probably find it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>                 / h+

>>> Is the patch still available on SourceForge ?  I guess it might not
>>> merge too well if it's old, but if you could help with reinstating
>>> this it seems like we have a good test case with Wouter's and John's
>>> rigs.
>>>
>>> We have clearly defined dEPSILON in ode/config.h now which switches
>>> based on precision setting and as Geoff says, I'm sure that a fix
>>> would be looked at more favourably now... especially if you've been
>>> running with this patch during this time!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."