[ODE] ODE .NET Bindings Performance Issues, Unsafe code, etc...

Daniel Huser dhuser at 1eeurope.ch
Mon Oct 23 00:13:52 MST 2006

Hi Gonçalo,

>Although I have to admit that being in MC++, ODE.NET was not only
>faster than Tao.Ode ever was, but it also admitted more bodies on
>screen, whilst OdeDotNet would blow up with a stack overflow a lot
>sooner... don't know why though, could just be my example's fault. And
>this is the main reason why I wanted an efficient and solid low-level
>binding for the ODE API. I've tried practically all the .NET wrappers
>ever made for ODE and I'm still not pleased with any of them so I
>really wanted to make the "official" bindings the definitive solution
>to this problem.

Well, the .NET wrapper being cross-platform is nice and all, but maybe it would be nice to also, additionally, have a high-performance MC++ version of it. Do you think it would be a lot of effort to make a low-level wrapper for ODE in MC++?
My c++ and c skills are very limited if one can even call it that. My main skills lay in .NET/C#. So i have no idea what it might take to implement such a wrapper in MC++, or let's say, what it would take to make ODE compile in MC++.
How much work would it be compared to a C# wrapper? Would it be worth the effort to do this side-by-side to a cross-platform .net wrapper?

Regards,
Daniel