[ODE] collision-based error messages

John Rieffel jr428 at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 18 12:23:22 MST 2006

Hi Folks,

since switching from ODE 0.5 to 0.7, I've been encountering the
following error continuously dumped to my screen, but only when
collisions are enabled in my system:

ODE Message 2: vector has zero size in dNormalize4()

This seems to occur whenever two parallel flat surfaces collide
(most often one of those surfaces is the floor).  Capped cylinders,
for instance, produce no errors when colliding with each other,  but
do when they lay flat on the floor.  Switching from cylinders to
boxes doesn't change anything.

This occurs with MAX_CONTACTS set to 20, and at all step sizes i've
tested, from 0.1 to 0.005.

My nearcallback is copied verbatim from the boxstack example, as is
the code which produces my cylinders.

any suggestions?

John Rieffel
Cornell University