[ODE] dRFromEulerAngles interpretation

Mauro G. Todeschini mauro2006todeschini at itia.cnr.it
Tue Oct 10 12:46:44 MST 2006

Jon Watte (ODE) wrote:
> Maybe the error of the order is attempting to cancel out the error of
> the rotation direction?
To be honest I think that who added dRFromEulerAngles to ODE code wanted
for some reason to use clockwise angles, or didn't care to follow other
conventions, or perhaps he copied It from another source without
catching the different convention.

> I've never used the function, and I'm not sure whether ODE does
> internally. If ODE uses it internally, then I would be very careful
> about trying to change it. If it's just a convenience, then there's some
> chance that not many people use it, and it's just slipped through the
> cracks.
Yes I agre with you: I don't know if It is used internally in ODE but
the function has been like this for a long time probably and It is not a
good idea to change It (and break users applications). It's a good idea
to document this strange behaviour (if other experts agree with this
analisys).

Bye