[ODE] Trimesh questions

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 08:47:02 MST 2006

On 10/3/06, Tim Sorrells <tsorrells at breakawayltd.com> wrote:
> I have a few questions about trimesh usage.  Are the vertices provided to
> dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle considered to be in world coordinates or local?

Local. Transforms are applied, see the moving trimesh example.

> It looks like ODE only keeps around the pointer passed in with the verts and
> doesn't copy all of the verts, so if the application wants to update the
> position of the verts in the mesh, does it need to do anything other than
> modify them directly in the array?

I haven't experimented with this, if you do let us know how it turns
out. Note that building the AABB tree (what dGeomTriMeshDataUpdate
does) is not a cheap operation; I'm not sure how feasible runtime
modification of the mesh would be.

Jason