[ODE] How to obtain the torque of a joint

mango juice mangoj at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:27:56 MST 2006

Dear Ignacio,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have checked the manual already but I got
incorrect results. I guess I do not understanding
how to use the functions properly? Please refer
to my previous posting titled
"How to measure the joint torque correctly".

To obtain the total force applied to a joint which
rotates about the x-axis, which way is correct:

dJointFeedback* feedback = dJointGetFeedback(joint);
1. feedback->f1[0]
2. feedback->f1[0] - feedbackf2[0]
3. sqrt(feedback->f1[0]^2 + feedback->f1[1]^2 + feedback->f1[2]^2)
4. open to suggestions

By the way, what does the dJointSetFeedback function has
to do with getting the force/torque information? Am I supposed
to call it before dJointGetFeedback? I don't quite understand
what the description in Sect 7.2 means. Maybe that is
the problem. Could you please give me an example?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jimmy