[ODE] Joint constraints

Mark Fournier mfournier at artech.ca
Tue Nov 28 10:01:22 MST 2006

Hi folks.

Is there any way to get the joints to be constrained properly in the way you
would expect them to be? I have universal joints which spin and ocillate,
slider joints that bob and spin as if the object was on a spring, and wobbly
hinges. Joint constraints seem to be very soft. I've tried setting the CFM
and ERP for the joints to different values (nincluding extremely rigid
settings), but these seem to have little effect. I've even attached motors
to the objects to prevent rotation, which seems to help, but not much.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark Fournier