[ODE] ode and glut

Basak Alper basakalper at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 00:16:47 MST 2006

Hi again,
My actual question was how to integrate ode loop within a glut loop.
I achieved to do some so far, but I have more specific questions now.
I call the ODE initializations within the glut init func. Then I am calling
simLoop of ode within the timer func. of glut. I did so, because simLoop has
no such consistency. It runs faster on a small screen. But called in timer
function
it seems like running much slower.
Other than that, the contact group is emptied at the end of each simLoop. I
am not sure where should I be calling the following functions.

  dJointGroupDestroy (contactgroup);
  dSpaceDestroy (space);
  dWorldDestroy (world);

Currently I am calling these in the main function after calling
glutMainLoop(). I am seeing a simulation but I need to know if I am in the
right direction.
Thanks,
basak