[ODE] General lack of understanding

mal content artifact.one at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 16 12:33:29 MST 2006

Hello.

I'm really struggling to understand how to use the ODE library. The
documentation
is well written, but lacks examples. The unit tests are incomprehensible to
somebody not already well-versed in the library.

Anyway, I've managed to throw this together (it's pseudo-2D, and there's
absolutely no documentation on the "correct" way to do this, so I'm guessing):

http://pastebin.ca/250230

(if you'd like the complete source as a .tgz, please ask, the entire
directory is only 900 lines or so).

I'm stuck. I don't understand what to do with collision detection, as can
be seen at line 91. I based the collision code on test_boxstack.

What happens, is that a box is dropped onto an immovable box. The dropped
box just sticks to the other and repeatedly collides. I'm assuming I have to
handle the collision somehow, but how?

Do I have to do something with mass?

thanks,
MC