[ODE] ragdoll and muscle's

Megan Fox shalinor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 08:05:43 MST 2006

One trick you can do is to add motors to each joint, so that in
addition to hard stops, you've got "soft stops" where the limb tries
to move back to a certain joint range within the tolerances set by
your max force / etc.

It isn't really a full on muslce sim, but it looks nicer than going
straight from loose joint to locked position - it simulates the way in
which a human body can be made to stretch in many directions, but when
relaxed will return to a more natural posture.

On 11/6/06, kxxl at poczta.onet.pl <kxxl at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created ragdoll using ODE (set bones, joints and limits)  but setting limits don't make falling of my character look very realistic. In my implementation ragdoll don't have muscles, how to add them to make my character more stiff?
>
> Regards,
> KxL

-Megan Fox
Idyllon, LLC