[ODE] ragdoll and muscle's

Jaap Stolk jwstolk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 05:07:25 MST 2006

On 11/6/06, kxxl at poczta.onet.pl <kxxl at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created ragdoll using ODE (set bones, joints and limits)  but setting limits don't make falling of my character look very realistic. In my implementation ragdoll don't have muscles, how to add them to make my character more stiff?

I did sone experiments with spring like muscles:
http://jwstolk.xs4all.nl/wisse/main4.c
It's not done using ODE. my program reads the angle position of all
joints, then computes a muscle torqe using the spring formula (and
dampening) and then sets tis torqe in ODE, then runs the next ODE
simulation step.