[ODE] Fwd: [ opende-Patches-1589445 ] Update vs2003 solution to add gimpact

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 3 06:28:49 MST 2006

> You can? I tried it here and got errors from some of the opcode
> functions "leaking through".  I must have done something wrong. What
> #define are you switching to turn off opcode?

Okay, here's how I did it - using latest SVN code,

* I added the contents of GIMPACT/include and GIMPACT/src to
corresponding folders in the root of the ODE project.

* I remove the deprecated "ode\src\collision_trimesh_trimesh.cpp" file
* Add "ode/src/collision_trimesh_opcode.cpp" instead.
* Add "ode/src/collision_trimesh_gimpact.cpp" as well.

* Add "../../GIMPACT/include" to the additional include deps.

* In config.h I added the following lines:

#define dSINGLE 1
#define dTRIMESH_ENABLED  1

>> #define dTRIMESH_OPCODE	0
>> #define dTRIMESH_GIMPACT	1

They allow you to switch between the two.

(note I think config_default.h in /build/ has this pair of defines
already there, I thought you did that! :-) )

HTH

> Thanks for the tip - if I can get it working I will update the VS
> project files to match.

Great!

Dave