[ODE] Moving an island of bodies around by setting a position

Russell Bartley russellbartley at kromestudios.com
Thu Nov 2 16:35:09 MST 2006

Hi,
   I'm trying to put an island of bodies connected by joints in my app, and it would make my life a lot easier if I could move the whole island around by setting its position.

   I realise that you can only use ODE bodies with joints if they are attached to another ODE body, or the world (i.e. NULL).

    This means that the entire island of geometries all need to have bodies, and hence can only be moved around by forces.

    Has anyone else needed to move an ODE body around by setting its position?

    Is there any way of doing this?

    Thanks

    Russ

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments, which does not relate to the official business of the sending company must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by the sending company or any of its related entities. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.