[ODE] 0.6-rc2 - MinGw 5.0.2 feedback

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Tue May 30 12:02:28 MST 2006

On 5/28/06, Thomas Paviot <thomas.paviot at free.fr> wrote:
> I just built 0.6-RC2 with MinGw 5.0.2 (gcc 3.4.5) under WinXP SP2. I
> used premake to generate makefiles, with the following line:

While Premake supports MinGW, I think the intention is to use
autotools for this platform. I'm glad to hear that things mostly
worked.

> - the directives "--enable-static-only" and "--enable-shared-only" are
> not documented :  I had to edit the premake.lua script to discover this
> options.

I agree that the documentation on the whole build process is sketchy
now. It is all on the wiki, we just need to get some time on it.

> - i didn't find any directive to choose between the RELEASE or DEBUG build.

If you are using --enable-static-only, then `make` is the debug build
`make CONFIG=Release` is the release build.

> - when "--enable-static-only" is activated, the ode library name should
> be "libode.a" and not "ode.lib". It's the same for "drawstuff.lib", that
> should be renamed "libdrawstuff.a".

If you are running under MinGW then you are technically building for
Windows, and the Windows naming conventions are appropriate.

> - test_collision n°2 and n°11 fail. Here is the traceback :
>
>  2: test_box_point_depth          : FAILED (89.40%) at line 326
> 11: test_ray_and_box              : FAILED (8.00%) at line 721

I think these fail for everyone right now.

Jason