[ODE] OPAL 0.4.0 has been released

Olex mr.olexander at gmail.com
Mon May 22 07:18:59 MST 2006

I have not measured overhead, however I have run profiling tools on my
project that used OPAL, and have yet to see any OPAL code pop up on the
radar.

The bottleneck for me has so far been ODE's QuickStep or WorldStep.

OPAL itself doesn't really have a heavy calculation anywhere, it is mostly
simple logic in motors and usual looping over bodies, and sending updates to
the client via event handlers. All that is nothing compared to stuff ODE has
to do.

I imagine there is some overhead somewhere due to OPAL, but the bottleneck
will probably always be in ODE.