[ODE] Non capped cylinders

erwin@erwincoumans.com erwin at erwincoumans.com
Thu May 18 16:19:59 MST 2006

Jon Watte (ODE) writes:

> Have you compared performance?
Have you tried out the performance of the demo that I posted?

> I have no reason to believe Bullet would be
> slow, but before changing the robust ODE collision code is a big bite, and
> if it'll have a bad performance impact, it might not be worth it.

Moving triangle meshes were not so robust from what I've read.

Bullet can be used as alternative for convex hull support, as well as all
combinations between convex hull, capped cylinder, triangle, capsule etc.
And also collision sweep query between all combinations.

It is not meant as replacement, as an alternative / addition. Just like
OPCODE is an addition to ODE.

Erwin

Nguyen Binh : There is a good working SAP contribution in Bullet