[ODE] 0.6 Release

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon May 15 14:57:13 MST 2006

Macros are evil.

The right thing to do is to explicitly #undef min and max after
including the system headers, so that the evil horrible macros that
earlier version of MS headers define, aren't defined anymore.

Also, for the broken MSVC 6 "for" loop scoping, the canonical fix is to
add this define to a header:

#define for if(0);else for

However, MSVC version 6 is now 8 years old. It might be time to retire
it -- especially since microsoft is giving away version 8 for free (in
the "express edition" versions). I would submit that making sure that
ODE works well with MSVC Express Edition is much more important than
support for the fairly broken 6.0.

Cheers,

          / h+