[ODE] ODE on OSX intel macs

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Tue May 9 23:51:23 MST 2006

Hi there.
I successfully built ODE and all tests except test_basket on an Intel
iMac running osx 10.4.6.  I used autoconf 2.59 and automake 1.9.6.  I
had to download them from GNU as Fink doesn't have intel distros of
these packages yet.  I had no problems building them though, so it's
not really an issue.

After running
./autogen.sh (which I had to chmod a+x)
./configure
make

I have libfast.a, libode.alibode.dylib, libOPCODE.a in my ode/src directory
I have libdrawstuff.a in drawstuff/src directory
and most tets built in ode/test.

when I ran make install, no header files were installed and only
libode.a and libode.dylib were installed.  I manually installed all of
the other headers as well as the libraries.

I also made an xcode project  for building the test files.  This was
actually very easy and it only took about 5 minutes to get the first
test built.  If there's interest, I can post it online.  Might be a
nice thing to have for people on OSX.

In any case, nice work!  ODE smokes on the intel duo cores.

wes