[ODE] 0.6 Release

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Tue May 9 10:06:59 MST 2006

I've received positive feedback on making an 0.6 release ASAP, even
with the documentation incomplete. Right now, we are averaging around
~150 downloads PER DAY of the two year old 0.5 release. A new release
is sorely needed.

I'd like to build RC1 tomorrow night (Wednesday). If anyone has an
objection, please contact me and let me know!

To make things easy on the developers, I am not going to create an 0.6
branch this time. Instead, I will just build from the trunk until the
final release, at which point I will tag the code. To make things
easier on the users, we should hold off on adding any new features
until after we get 0.6 out (which I will try to do as quickly as I
can).

As long as there are no major issues, I would like to try making a new
release off the trunk every couple of months. There will no longer be
a "stable" branch per se, but hopefully if there is enough interest
someone will volunteer to create one.

Thanks, and nice work everyone. You have really turned this project around!

Jason