[ODE] Linux binaries?

Jean de Largentaye jlargentaye at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 13:24:49 MST 2006

I use ODE only on Linux...
Prebuilt binaries imply packaging, on Linux. There are a ton of
distribs out there. I personally favor Debian, all the rest sucks ;P
*ducks and runs away*. It's easier to let people familiar with each
distribution make the binaries plus packages for that distribution.
Furthermore, there were problems with OPCODE and x86-64, related to
improper pointer arithmetic, which prevented having binaries for those
architectures (at least on Debian).
Finally, I seem to recall some problems with ODE as a dynamic library
on Linux...

just my .02 euros.

John