[ODE] Getting Torques in Simulation

frederic Le Menn flemenn at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 30 10:20:12 MST 2006

Hello,

  I work on locomotion with modular mobile robots. I saw that many people have problems with getting torques of bodies in ODE. I tried using dBodyGetTorque() but I had nothing but 0.
  I tried dJointFeedback() but the answer is 0 (no torque on body) although my system moves (I impose angular velocities with a function :
  {
  double err, theta;
  theta = dJointGetHingeAngle(actuator[n-1]);
  err = angle - theta;
  dJointSetHingeParam(actuator[n-1], dParamVel, 2*err);
  dJointSetHingeParam(actuator[n-1], dParamFMax, 500);
})
  I want to compute energy consumption therefore I need applied torques in my system.
  So anybody can help me telling me or posting program samples that give torques.

  Thank you for your attention