[ODE] New project files in SVN

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 13:11:09 MST 2006

Busy day today. I just checked in the new Visual Studio build files
(FYI, I am working to get automatic commit emails setup, not sure why
they aren't working). Because I had to touch so many files, I put it
all on its own branch for now (gotta love Subversion). I will merge it
into the trunk after people have had a chance to try it out.

The branch is located here:
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opende/branches/new_build

The project files are located in a new build/ directory. I have files
for Visual C++ 6, Visual Studio 2002, 2003, and 2005. I was able to
test VS 2003 and 2005, I don't have the other versions. I also have a
GNU (Cygwin, MinGW) version in the works, but that one wasn't quite
ready yet.

These project files are for single-precision, DLL builds with
trimeshes and cylinders enabled. The plan is to include these in the
main distribution. To switch to a double precision build, just edit
include/ode/config.h and change dSINGLE to dDOUBLE. To switch to a
static library, you can either modify the project, or use premake like
so:

  premake --enable-static --target vs2005

The output of the build is put in the existing lib/ directory.

*Please* try these out and let me know how they work for you. I would
like to get these into the trunk ASAP so I can get on to bigger and
better things, like making a new release.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Jason