[ODE] Generic suspension

STenyaK (Bruno Gonzalez) stenyak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 04:37:11 MST 2006

Hello,
I'm working in a vehicle sim. It currently supports 3 types of suspensions:
-Fixed suspension: using a hinge joint, + no spring, no damper (like a
kart).
-Unidimensional suspension: using the hinge2 joints + timestep dependent
erp/cfm values for spring+damper.
-Rectangular (specific case) Double Wishbone suspension: using several
bodies + hinge joints, and a custom hardcoded spring+damper.

Right now i can get away with that, but in the future i'll add more
flexibility, and more types of suspensions (and refactor them so that they
share more code), so i'd like a way to handle the spring+damper set
generically.

I'm trying to use a slider joint, but i'm unable to get it to work
correctly. I don't even know which parameters are implemented in every
kind of joint, and i can't find it in the docs.
Has anyone done it before? Is there any example, known bugs, etc.?

Thanks for any hints :)

--
Saludos,
      STenyaK