[ODE] Coasting to a stop

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Wed Jun 28 14:47:41 MST 2006

Well... if you would want it to behave as is the spaceship
decelerates due to friction from an atmosphere:

I believe the drag-forces from air-resistance are proportional
to the square of the velocity.

Just add a force that has its direction opposite to the
velocity vector, with a magnitude that is some constant
(CW value) multiplied with the square of the velocity
vector magnitude.

At least, this is my guess.

  Bram