[ODE] some quick notes on 0.6...

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Thu Jun 22 11:00:38 MST 2006

Well, there is one single reason I (and others) think ODE should not be
part of a distribution, and that is the dual library aproach.
which one should you distribute? double or single precision? both? if
you decide for either, some will require the other, if you go for both,
then we need to decide on how will we be distinguishing them, make build
changes and so on, this isnt imposible, and maybe not hard, but not
exactly easy.

Which brings me to a point I wanted to present for a while.
I think we should standarize the function names so that there is a
single library with single and double precision calls, much
like OpenGL "f" and "d" suffixes, just throwing the idea into the air here.

As for 1.0, I dont see it as just a label, I think once 1.0 is reached,
the library would be a full feature library with a stable, standarized
API, 1.1 being backward compatible with it and so on, this is just my
opinion though.