[ODE] Tri-mesh problem with collisions

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 08:33:53 MST 2006

On 6/21/06, Tristan McMillan <tmcmillan at tmiconsult.co.za> wrote:
> I have now drawn a truck in 3d studio max and exported the vertex and
> index co-ordinates points which I read into my modified code of the test
> trimesh example. However the first tri-mesh truck doesn't penetrate the
> ground, but when I drop subsequent trucks on top of the original they
> penetrate  the truck to a certain extent and then they fall through the
> ground.

My first guess would be that your triangle windings are wrong or
inconsistent. First make sure that all of your indices are specified
in CW or CCW order. If you are still having issues, try flipping the
collision normal before creating the contact joint.

I am assuming that you are using at least the 0.6 code -- trimeshes
had many problems in 0.5.

Jason