[ODE] Spaceship movement.

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jun 20 09:14:48 MST 2006

Michael Molkenthin wrote:
> multiplying the current angular velocity with a negative value e.g.
> -10000.0f and adding this via dBodyAddTorque().

Unless your mass is really high, that's probably a way too large number
(by several digits).

> Another point that i had to object: My Matrices initially were used to
> transform the mesh to world space. ODE seems to use matrices transforming
> the world to the local object/mesh space. So i am transposing the matrices

No. Instead, ODE stores the matrices in a different order than your
graphics library.

See http://www.mindcontrol.org/~hplus/graphics/matrix-layout.html for
more information (on DX, OpenGL, ODE and others).

Cheers,

          / h+