[ODE] Ball socket, setposition question

Chad Lion clion at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 19 03:05:42 MST 2006

Hi, i applogies if this question has been asked before. I have attempted to search other resources site for the same question but all of my attempts have failed.

Is there any way to move a ball socket around by position instead of using the dbodymovebyforce method? I have attempted to move the ball socket around by position, with dbodysetposition but the child balls connected to the partent dont adjust to their new parent location. For example, I would like to hang the child connections off a single parent, and when the user clicks and move the partent the child nodes follow the partent around on the screen. This works if i do a forcemove on the parent, but i need the accuracy that the parent will allways end up at stay at x,y,z position.

Thank you for your time.