[ODE] ode

Funky Fred funkyfredmale at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 17 17:12:37 MST 2006

I haven't been able to touch my computer for a week.. but off-hand that
means your compiler isn't finding (or probably even looking for) the ode
library. You can help it out by either putting the library in a standard
location (see: http://www.ode.org/ode-latest-userguide.html#sec_2_0_0 ) or
by specifying it on the command line (using the -l option).
I'm assuming your doing this on linux. If your using windows, I have no idea
how to help the ms compiler out...

You also may want to look for help using google, and searching for your
compiler + "undefined reference". Also, browing through the -L and -l
options under the gcc man page can help alot.

It's a pretty common end-user issue (but one that *can* screw with your head
under weird circumstances - I've inherited templated methods from
non-templated parent classes - and for some weird reason, the methods
weren't getting defined anywhere in the object files (I looked through them
with nm) - most likely because templates don't get defined until their used,
etc). But that's a pretty weird thing to do anyways, and not relevant to
your situation.

Also, I remember on some releases that some methods have to be selectively
enabled on ODE compilation (something with trimeshes I think). But I'm
pretty dang sure this doesn't apply to dWorldDestroy.

Looks like your just starting down the linux/gcc path. It's a fun learning
curve - but worth it ;)
Don't let abusive replies on mailing lists get you down. And the gcc man
page & google can be very helpful.

Stu