[ODE] lib question

Ignacio García Fernández ignacio.garcia at uv.es
Tue Jun 13 09:46:59 MST 2006

What you are experiencing is called numerical unstability.

Let's do a test. Instead of increasing masses, sibstantially reduce the
stesize of your simulation. Say, divide it by 10 or by 20. And tell us
if this also solves the problem.

The reason is that the frequency of the movement of the low mass body is
very high, and the stepsize is not small enough to describe the
solution.

Hope this helps

Ignacio