[ODE] Problem building ode 0.6 on my OS X setup

Ryan Gardner ryebrye at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 09:38:03 MST 2006

I hope this is just a problem that is unique to my system - but I
updated to the latest svn version and ode no longer builds.

The specific error I am getting is in compiling dstest:

Making all in dstest
g++  -g   -o dstest -L../../drawstuff/src dstest-dstest.o -
ldrawstuff  -framework OpenGL -framework Carbon -framework AGL  -lstdc
++ -lm -lpthread  -lstdc++ -lm -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: warning suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding
may result in errors or different symbols being used
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_dsDrawCapsule

I get this error regardless of my ./configure settings (i.e. with/
without double precision, with/without shared, with/without release)

I also get this error when I go into the branches for 0.6-rc3, rc2,
rc1, and 0.6... (after running autogen.sh and ./configure in those
directories)

Perhaps something is messed up in my setup?

I also get these messages:
symbol _gluBuild2DMipmapLevels used from dynamic library /usr/X11R6/
lib/libGLU.1.dylib(mipmap.o) not from earlier dynamic library /System/
Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
(mipmap.o)
symbol _gluBuild1DMipmaps used from dynamic library /usr/X11R6/lib/
libGLU.1.dylib(mipmap.o) not from earlier dynamic library /System/
Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
(mipmap.o)
symbol _gluBuild1DMipmapLevels used from dynamic library /usr/X11R6/
lib/libGLU.1.dylib(mipmap.o) not from earlier dynamic library /System/
Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
(mipmap.o)
symbol _gluBuild2DMipmaps used from dynamic library /usr/X11R6/lib/
libGLU.1.dylib(mipmap.o) not from earlier dynamic library /System/
Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
(mipmap.o)
symbol _gluBuild3DMipmaps used from dynamic library /usr/X11R6/lib/
libGLU.1.dylib(mipmap.o) not from earlier dynamic library /System/
Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
(mipmap.o)
symbol _gluScaleImage used from dynamic library /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.
1.dylib(mipmap.o) not from earlier dynamic library /System/Library/
Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib(mipmap.o)
symbol _gluBuild3DMipmapLevels used from dynamic library /usr/X11R6/
lib/libGLU.1.dylib(mipmap.o) not from earlier dynamic library /System/
Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
(mipmap.o)

I don't know if those are significant or if they are related to the
first problem.

Ryan Gardner