[ODE] Universal joint error and wiki query

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 05:41:14 MST 2006

On 7/25/06, Michael Jones <m.pricejones at gmail.com> wrote:
>  And it produces the following runtime warnings once at the start of the
> program:
>
>      ODE Message 2: zero length vector in dRFrom2Axes()
>      ODE Message 2: zero length vector in dRFrom2Axes()

I haven't used the universal joint myself, but this could mean that
your rotation axes have become parallel? You say it only happens once
- is it possible that the simulation is getting stepped before the
joint is fully configured? Not sure, just throwing rocks in the dark
here...

>  Also, is there is reason why the dJointGetUniversalAngle1 function is not
> documented in the wiki?

We are trying to document the whole API with Doxygen, and you can see
that work in progress here: http://opende.sourceforge.net/docs/. But I
don't think it has been documented there yet either. I was heading up
that effort but have been short on time for it.

If you feel so inclined, adding it to the wiki docs would be a big help.

Jason