[ODE] "Hanging" Simulation

achaudhry achaudhry at ariworld.com
Fri Jul 28 05:18:25 MST 2006

hi everyone,
I am a newbie in this field and have just started to use ODE some weeks back.

I am keen on modelling a problem in which an object is hanging by ropes from
a point above it ( in terms of real life, an object hanging by ropes from a
higer point). and the user can change the length of the rope to further drop
the object down or pull it up.

I am unable to figure out which kind of joint should i implement to get the
most real life like results with the effect of wind etc also being observed on
the object.

Hoping for an early reply,
Thanking you in advance,
Amber