[ODE] dJointCreatePlane2D

Matthew Koichi Grimes mkg at cs.nyu.edu
Thu Jul 27 17:31:09 MST 2006

I'm trying to follow the wiki HOWTO on how to constrain objects to move
and rotate in 2D, but a quick grep shows that there's no such method as
"dJointCreatePlane2D" in the 0.6 codebase. I tried downloading all of
the ode branches from svn, but still couldn't find it. Yet Jason
Perkins' post on May 9 2006 (ODE Digest Vol 33, Issue 16) says that the
code is to be found in ode/build:

<snip>

On 5/9/06, Geoff Carlton <gcarlton at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> > It works quite nicely.  A few things I noticed, grabbing from SVN.
> > Firstly, the premake folder was missing from the trunk\contrib?

That contrib has been deprecated in favor of the new system located in
ode/build. The new system is documented on the wiki.

</snip>

Has the function name changed? Has it been removed from the
distribution? If so, can I download it from elsewhere?

Thanks,
-- Matt