[ODE] Fwd: [ opende-Feature Requests-1519027 ] Enable Cross-Compiling

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Wed Jul 19 08:16:15 MST 2006

Jean de Largentaye wrote:
> Hmm, GP2X (drools). Pity I don't have the time to hack around on that
> platform.
> I don't have one, but the what you want to know is:
> Main proc: ARM 920T
> Secondary proc: ARM 940T (no MMU)
>
> I'm not sure adding an arm9 cross-compile target to autotools will
> suffice, but I guess it's a step in the right direction.

No, it won't suffice, you need to build a cross-compiler first, I take
it there must be already one available, the question is where do you get it?
if its only available to GP2X owners, then there is no way we can test
it without buying one. Another concern to me is that the GP2X has no
support
for 3D, granted, you can use ODE in 2D applications, but does it have a
FPU? if it doesn't, making ODE work with fixed point math is not at all
a trivial endeavor.

Cheers!