[ODE] ODE Message 2: vector has zero size in dNormalize4()

dvir schirman dvir.boost at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 06:57:39 MST 2006

Hi

This is a sketch of my robot:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||--|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||--||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
        ^                           ^                          ^
        ^                           ^                          ^
    body1                     body2                  body3

The bodies are connected using a hinge joint.
The robot is layed on the ground, and trying to stand up.
While trying the robot falls down several times, I suspect that one of the
falls causes the mentioned problem.
After I get "ODE message 2:...", the angles between the bodies become NaN'
and therefore' my simulation is ruined.

Does anyone have an idea how can I solve it?

Thanks,
Dvir