[ODE] some quick notes on 0.6...

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 3 05:34:51 MST 2006

> Now 0.6 has been released I'm sure a cleaned up and unified terrain
> would be more than appreciated, it just needs somebody to step up.

Hi, i've taken Martijn's heightfield contribution from last week, made
it fit into the latest ODE revision (996) which required things like
adapting it to use the new 'final_posr' system.

I've also written a test_heightfield demo (based on test_boxstack) to
show that it does work - and it's definitely placeable for 90% of
uses, with a 90 degree rotation to take the usual y-up default and
turn it to be z-up (which is the orientation that drawstuff uses)

You can find both my patch and test_heightfield at my quickly knocked
up page here:

http://hidden.asbestos.googlepages.com/

I hope this can be integrated into SVN because in my opinion it's a
usable enough to benefit a great number of people.

If anyone has any questions, as i've probably missed out something in
this mail, then fire away!

Regards,
David Walters