[ODE] Trimesh problems

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jan 10 10:27:25 MST 2006

> triangle that fails is 20000 units long and the spheres has a radius of 10
> units. Is this somewhere near your terrain tris in size?.

I can tell you right now that this is a problem. The dynamic range of a
float is only about 1e5, and the difference between your object sizes
here is on the order of 1e3, leaving only a dynamic range of 1e2 for the
math. (This is a back-of-the-envelope analysis; real details may apply :-)

With an object size 10, try to make the triangles no larger than size 100.

Cheers,

			/ h+